AUTHOR'S DAIRY- Poet's corner


MY BEST FRIEND
Written by Lillian Ugwu


Friends like no other
Where I go, you go
Where I walk, you walk
Where I stand, you stand
When I run, you add to my speed 
When I'm messed up, you're messed up too
When I sweat, you sweat

Both of us 
Wet in the rain
 Hot in the sun 
And cold at winter
You are always there
Doesn't matter what mood I'm in 
You see my pain, I see yours

The sounds of your footsteps 
Like that of my favorite ring tone 
That fills my heart with joy 
But time forbids you to stay 
So I'm holding on 
 To the memories of you and I 
Love the friendship we shared 
But most of all, I love you 
My best friend, my RED SHOE. 


OUR DREAMS
Written by Precious Eminent

When we were younger
We wished for a better life
Life filled with laughter and pleasure
Life without conflicts, pain, anger, hatred
We were only but little dreamers
 Who never stopped dreaming

Other times we started each passing day
With the thoughts of getting old and leaving
The academic environment where teachers
And lashes of Cain would never be felt
Where names of noise makers will not be heard
Where we would not be choked with homework

Where we would sleep and wake up at any time without the 
Sounds of morning bells for sleepy heads
Where we would have lots of edibles to teeth on
A world of laughter had we envisaged
Not a world where we hand in our rights to a fellow
Who at his whims and caprices disfavor us

Today as I strolled down the street
I saw a lot of dilapidated buildings
Bashed cars, dirts flying around the place
Fumes emitting from burning grasses
Beggars at the corners requesting aid
Passers by doing the usual "trekking"

The scent of fresh grasses
The scent of roasted corn
The scent of sand wetted by the rain
Are the pleasures I get each day
This was not the world I imagined
This is where I found myself but I would 
Never stop making my living worthwhile

In struggle we proceeded out of the womb
In struggle we fight to sustain our lives 
We gain our “getttings” by struggle
Shall we now stop struggling the struggle we need?
Only then must we have closed our eyelids in death



 Time
Written by Peace Eneja

Before I'm late
Tomorrow awaits my fate
Yesterday is gone
So will I too be gone

But hey! Wait
I have to live a life
To "drop" a legacy
And time isn't enough!

Before I step out
It had taken off
Oh! Please wait
But no it's gone!
Like an athlete on a race

Now I have to hurry
To catch up, maybe
Time, Time, Time
Travelling without a stop
I have to think of something
Today I swear to "make most"



LIFE
Written by Ojini Adaobi

It all begins as a foetus
Going on with so much pain 
And then it gets to nine months
There the babe is quietly lain

We are marveled at the wonder
It seems like a puzzle to ponder
But it's all real
Because it's all from God who thrills!

Now , he’s all grown and settled
The man in him is drawn to nestled
Again, he begins to fade
The world’s trees couldn’t provide a shade

Here, there’s a final breath
The foetus has left the earth
To the world beyond
Loved ones tears we see in the world. 



The IRONY OF LOVE
Written by Peace Eneja

They meet at the park
With eyes wondering
Glimpse by glimpse
They caught each other staring
Like teenagers in love
Ready to explore each other

Could it be lurk or love?
For the mind is a concealer
You  never know its true thoughts
The rushes, the kisses
Only last for the moment
Before it leaves its chameleon skin
To be revealed

But notwithstanding they dare
Each step they took together
Shinning through
With so much flare
Bearing in mind
The possible disaster
Yet still hoping for the best

Regardless of the pain
Still remains some gain
Because no one can truly live
Without having a taste of love
Bitter or better!



THE MIND
Written by Ojini Adaobi

It is so deep and limitless
Even with the beep and facelessness
There was no unraveling
On the way travelling
To the world’s unknown

And I looked and none to behold 
What could be that stronghold
That keeps turning me around
Even while on earths’ ground
It seems I’m on the world’s beyond

Can I go on to the next world?
Without uttering a word
It could actually be done
Suddenly it's all gone

Wait it's right there
I mean it's still here
Right there and here
But it's all obscure and blind 
Because it's all happening in my mind.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Boy Who Was Not

When STAYING TOGETHER Matters: How To Make It Work.

The Shadow Encounter