JADED


  

Those in favor say “aye”
Because the nays never get to climb the stage
Tell me a story I haven’t heard
Was it not you?
Who made the call and ended the call
Sitting gallantly on a throne made by your own self!
Blowing your own trumpet
Sending out missiles with drones
Regardless of whom it hurts
Was it not you?
Who made the rules and broke the rules
Telling us when to grow up and grow old
When to man up and bottle up those water in our eyes
Displaying your own perfection
As you forget there is no such thing as flawless!
Was it not you?
Who reminded me of how Jide bought a jet and I still ride a bicycle
Mounting pillars of comparisons and building skyscrapers of envy
Tell me what I do not know, would you?
Because I am jaded now
I utterly decline your bid
To make the calls ever again!
No my dear,
Not you SOCIETY, not anyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Boy Who Was Not

When STAYING TOGETHER Matters: How To Make It Work.

The Shadow Encounter