Reverberations





Written By Peace Eneja.



I can still remember those words you said to me, I still feel them piercing through like the sword used to end Klaus Michelson. That wicked sword, more painful than death itself.

 It all began smooth and I was optimistic. I believed that life with you was going to be all sugary like icing sugar and nourishing like a smoothie. I wish I was never so hopeful, so optimistic, and so positive that things were going to work out perfectly. Guess I was dreaming too big; my mum used to tell me..."dream big, there's no limitation to what you can achieve", this time I dreamt way too big. Maybe I was stupid, actually I think I was...blinded by my heart and deceived by the "happily ever after" cliché, I should have used more of my brain, maybe both my brain and heart together.

 I am angry with myself for letting me fall for you, for all the pieces of us I tried to put together so we can become better, for all the questions I should have asked but dodged because I already knew the answer, for all the signs I should've seen, for all the hopes held high, for all the warnings I ignored.

 Like a running car with broken brakes I kept racing with you to a dead end. I wish I never had to regret any of this. Things did fit in as conceived in my heart but now those words of yours are hurting so badly, those reverberations of angry words- that I will never forget. That goodbye you said without looking back... and I hope you don’t have to regret what you have done because what goes around, comes around my dear, like echoes they keep coming back to you. Everyone gets a bite of what they give to others. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Boy Who Was Not

When STAYING TOGETHER Matters: How To Make It Work.

The Shadow Encounter