Meet The Founder Of Loisloft, The Healthy Hair Store -Pamela Ojonugwa Hagher


The making of Loisloft, The healthy Hair Store- How it all Started!
When I realised that a lot of people were more concerned about taking care of their wigs than their natural or relaxed hair, I knew I had to do something. I became very passionate about grooming hair during my time in College and I would create a regimen for my hair, following it religiously. As more people began to see the impact of this regimen and were willing to consult me for hair treatments, I figured I could turn it into a huge business. And there, right there, the journey started.

In 2012, I started off in partnership with a dear friend who taught me a lot about hair care. Getting finances was not easy, so I started with what I had and sold from my car and home. In 2016, the partnership was dissolved and Loisloft, The Healthy Hair Store was birthed. 

I would go out daily to meet potential clients and introduce them to hair care products as well as educate them on how to use these products to take better care of their hair as well as their children’s. The goal was to achieve healthy beautiful hair for my clients and it still is.

Challenges:
When I figured that most people would be more interested in caring for their hair if only they knew the right product to use, I began to source for really good hair products. 90% of these products come from the United States and I am registered with most of the brands which makes it easier to source for the products. However, the shipping cost due to the weight of the products and fluctuation in the dollar rate has been a major challenge. Sometimes the business charge is also overwhelming.


My driving force: The results and progress I see from my clients’ hair and their children keep me going. Just knowing that I am able to help fix a hair problem (by the grace of God) gives me great joy. Also, the fact that I can educate clients to take better care of their hair and recommend good products that they value, makes it all worth it. Even though some clients complain about the cost of the products as being expensive. This is because most of my products are high end, used mainly for hair treatments, not the regular shampoos and conditioners. But I will still recommend them because they give good results every single time. However, I still do have some very affordable products that give similar results bearing in mind different products work for different hair types.


How I deal with my competitors:
Honestly I do not see them as competitors but as sources of inspiration. A Yoruba adage says that there is enough room for every bird to fly in the air without bumping into each other. I believe everyone can thrive in their own lane. The unique thing about my business is that I offer consultancy services at affordable rate (regimen plan inclusive) with free follow up service. I also recommend the right products for my clients’ specific hair type rather than having to stock these products without any form of consultancy or directions as to how to use the products to achieve better results. I also offer professional home services for children and adults hair treatments.


My Advice for Business Owners And Start Ups.
Put God First and Be Original. Even if a thousand people are doing the same business the world still needs your uniqueness, because there is enough room for us all to thrive, so do not limit yourself and do not let fear stop you. Imagine if Rihanna didn't start her makeup line for the fear that there were too many makeup brands in the market already, she would not have been this successful in the makeup industry.
Be consistent and hardworking. Surround yourself with positive minds and people who are rich in knowledge so that you can do better. Ask questions about things you don’t know, be deliberate about building yourself, read books, take advantage of free online courses, webinars etc. Do not make the mistake of waiting for perfection, start where you are with what you have. Never stop learning because that is the only way to grow.

Tips: 
Be original with your idea. You don't always have to conform.
Don't let fear stop you. Keep doing what you are doing.
Don't wait for perfect time. Start now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Boy Who Was Not

The Shadow Encounter

A woman, a dead man and a mob: (Short Story) Written By Isaac Kunmi Olamiju